Tuesday, October 30, 2007

This is a picture of my grandpa and I about 3 years ago. My grandpa died last Monday, October 22 at 1am. I was supposed to spend the day with him in Toledo just holding his hand. he went to sleep Saturday and never woke up. I spent last week with my brother Ken working out the final details of the funeral. I feel like a generation is forever lost in our family. I love my grandpa. He was so much fun. I remember he used to show me all of his pennies whenever we came to his house on holidays. He and grandma made lots of crafts together. I have a green chair that he made. I also have a yellow plant hanger grandma made as well as many other little items. They will always be treasured. My grandparents were married for 64 years before grandma died December 3, 2000. I guess grandpa is walking around in Heaven holding grandmas hand right now. I wonder if he is talking with my dad--or maybe his daughter, Beverly, which he has not seen for 43 years.
I sang at grandpa's funeral. In the Garden and Blessed Assurance. I hope he liked it. He would stand next to me in church and put his ear close to my mouth when I sang next to him. He said he loved to hear me sing.
I miss him.
I love you grandpa!--Your Casey Girl

No comments: