Sunday, January 4, 2009

52 weeks of Blessings--Week 1

(see this challenge here: http://faithsisters.com/forum/index.php?topic=7313.msg79131#msg79131 )
Psalm 107:31 says: Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.

When I was growing up in our church we had one Sunday night a month that we could sing whatever Hymn (back when all we sang was hymns) I always chose page 200--"Count Your Blessings". Little did I know, that song would impact my life more than any one song ever could. During times in my life when I could not see God (and wanted to) I would pull back and start counting blessings no matter how little they were. I would even have times when just the fact that I was standing was a blessing. I knew that if I could find any blessing in my life, then God was still there. I have this song memorized still (30+ years later).

I thought I should start out this 52 week challenge with one of the best blessings I have carried with me all of my life---this song.

Layout made using Willro&Co Designs/Melody line kit found here: http://faithsisters.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=106_128&products_id=1980

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I love singing that song. Great layout!!

Unknown said...

I love this layout and what a great way to start the blessings challenge. This is going to be a fantastic challenge.

Annie said...

Great layout Kay! I love that song too, and grew up singing it. I still sing it sometimes! Perfect way to start the 52 blessings!

Anonymous said...

Great LO!! even if it is a digi one. :-) Love ya!!