Saturday, July 18, 2009

52 weeks of blessings

Good morning/afternoon/evening, Days are going so fast now, I cannot keep up with them. I have not been keeping up with my blessings every week like I should, so I thought I would share the blessings of the summer thus far.

Let's start with family:

My oldest brother: I have enjoyed the blessing of reconnecting with Ken. Personality wise he and I are similar in the fact that we let things roll of our back and continue on with life. He is now dating a really nice Christian girl. I have spent some time with them together. They are so sweet. I enjoy talking Bible with my brother now. I laugh because his girlfriend and I will talk about the characters in the Bible and he just sits there saying "how do you know all of this?" heehee. Jacob really loves Uncle Ken. I need to get them together more often. In fact Jacob could tell Ken a lot about the Bible as well. Now that would be a blessing to watch my son teaching my older brother about the Bible.

How about my mom: She has said things to me lately making me think that God is talking to her a lot. We have had some good conversations about our dreams and what we actually have. I am a pretty optimistic person, my mom is pretty pessimistic so our conversations tend to be extremes of each other. I think we are learning to listen to each other better. What a blessing that is.

Jacob: well, he is always a blessing. He is growing up so fast in so many ways. Some areas he should not have to be growing in, but due to his dad, he is. He is 11 now and talks like he is 30 sometimes. He is great at reasoning things out in his head. He has come to realize this summer that some friends are worth keeping and some are just worth playing with. He has decided a couple of his friends are not doing nice things and has chosen not to play with them. This gives me hope for his teen years. He loves his baseball and was able to pitch and loved it. You could not wipe the smile off of his face for days when he struck out 4 players. (that is better than some of the Indians pitchers can do).

Work: let's just say that I have a job and leave the blessing at that. I have had some issues with the Asst. teacher I have, but I am trying to work them out.

Church: Going well. Our church is having some growing pains, but friendships are strong as well as our faith so we will rise above our issues and soar on the Eagle's wings.

Online: I am totally loving the time I spend on line now days at Faith Sisters. I will never meet most of these women her on Earth, but I love the time I spend getting to know them on line. If you have not been there, you really need to visit.

I pray you are all having a wonderful and very blessed summer.

1 comment:

Annie said...

That is so cool about your brother! You are truly blessed girlfriend.